24 June 2009

HOME AWAY FROM HOME: CASA GRIEGO
















I'm thinking about spending a few weeks at Casa Grigeo, my home away from home in La Ceiba, Honduras. I'd take the time to work on my memoirs, play golf, pray, walk on the beach, and visit local air museums. As you can see from the pic above, it's a pretty nice place, but a little run-down due to my absence. Being recently retired, I hope to be able to spend more time there.

I've petitioned the Honduran government to allow me back in the country. I phoned my lawyer in Tegucigalpa this morning and he said the Honduran government was considering my request and would most likely grant it. However, he did say that they would not permit me to fly rotary blade aircraft as I posed 'Una amenaza verdadera y grave para el bienestar de la poblaciĆ³n de Honduras' ("a serious and direct threat to the welfare of the Honduran people").

I just can't understand why some folks can't forgive and forget when people make mistakes. GOD wants us to forgive, and GOD forgives us of our sins, so why can't the pencil necks in the Honduran government cut me a little slack?

No comments:

Post a Comment