24 June 2009

IT'S NOT PIE IN THE SKY, IT'S GOD



As I mentioned on Friday, I took the Piper Arrow IV up over the weekend. After nearly plowing into the side of a water tower at the south end of Simmon's Field, I am pleased to say the flight went off without a hitch. The reworked landing gear and hydraulics seem to be in A1 shape.

On Sunday, I was lucky enough to be asked to give a sermon on modern, every day miracles. I chose the Miracle of Flight. In truth, we really don't know much more today about aviation and flight than we did when the Wright Brothers took their fateful flight. I, for one, am thankful the glorified Dennison's Chile can I'm flying doesn't drop out of the sky without a moment's notice. Yea, and there be miracles!


God Bless you-

Captain Art

P.S. The stall warning only sounded three times this flight. Pretty good!

3 comments:

  1. "In truth, we really don't know much more today about aviation and flight than we did when the Wright Brothers took their fateful flight."

    So I suppose the baby Jesus is to be credited for all of the past century's massive technological advancements in the aviation field, huh? I think some of that decompression sickness has affected your brain, Arty.


    Originally posted by The Notle

    ReplyDelete
  2. And my reply to The Notle:

    The last time I checked you weren't a pilot, correct? So, why don't you go back to reading your inflight magazine, eating the stale Chex mix you brought aboard in a zip-lock baggie and leave flight to a professional like me.

    P.S. Your blaspheme of the Baby Jesus is no laughing matter. There are people literally cooking on rotisserie spits in Hell for less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "What stall warning light? I thought you had all that junk removed!"

    Originally posted by Spanky

    ReplyDelete